Topics

PROBLEMS WITH POWERING UP THE FCB1010

juan manuel

greetings to all

When you turn on the unit, all the LEDs on both the pedals and the display automatically light up and after a moment it starts normally

I would like to know if anyone knows how to solve this detail?

I have checked the transformer and it is delivering 9v ac and the regulator (T805) is delivering 5v dc, apparently the source is fine.

What could it be?

I attach a photo

EJ SHELDON

Whenever the FCB begins to behave weirdly, the first thing to do is a 1+6 factory reset.
If that doesn't fix it you've probably got a serious hardware issue.

juan manuel

if I have already reset it several times but continue with the same behavior

Any other recommendation ?

Cheers

si ya lo reinicié varias veces pero continúo con el mismo comportamiento

Cualquier otra recomendación

Salud

[Note: some edits and message merging made by Moderator]

Juan Pablo Mora Ibarra

Try taking the chip out for at least 2 hours, then put it back and start by resetting the FCB, and/or autotest,
Please let us know if works

Juan Pablo Mora Ibarra

El 16 abr 2020, a las 13:06, jmanuelcapchaflores@... escribió:

greetings to all

When you turn on the unit, all the LEDs on both the pedals and the display automatically light up and after a moment it starts normally

I would like to know if anyone knows how to solve this detail?

I have checked the transformer and it is delivering 9v ac and the regulator (T805) is delivering 5v dc, apparently the source is fine.

What could it be?

I attach a photo

<WhatsApp Image 2020-04-07 at 9.38.23 AM.jpeg>

chrisw_63

That is not a great idea.  First, we are not in the UnO forum, and the O.P. didn't say the chip has ever been replaced.  Next, the chip is an EEPROM, and has no way of holding a charge that would need two hours to dissipate.  Finally, you run the risk of damaging the chip with static.

Has it always done this?  And, if you have the FCB1010 open to check voltage, you should be able to tell us the firmware version.  It should be printed on a sticker on the largest chip in there, which is the EEPROM.

ossandust

Indeed, this is nothing firmware related, so changing or refitting the firmware PROM won't do anything, and it's definitely not setup related, so a reset won't change anything neither.
The FCB1010 simply doesn't have any electronics to keep the LEDs off during startup. As soon as the microcontroller chip goes out of reset the LEDs start working normally. According to the schematics the FCB1010 has some power-on reset circuitry which keeps the controller in reset until supply voltage has a sufficient level. Apparently in your unit this takes longer than normal. That shouldn't be a problem for now, unless it gets worse (due to dried out power capacitors for instance). Then at a certain point voltage level will no longer reach a sufficient level and the unit will stop working. I personally wouldn't worry now - unless your income depends on a reliable FCB1010.

juan manuel

It is version 2.51E

Another important detail that I missed, and that was where I noticed the malfunction of my unit was when updating the firmware to the EUREKA EPROM V3.2

Because when I put the EUREKA EPROM V3.2 and turned it on for the first time, it kept all the lights on and did not recognize the EUREKA
I turned the unit on and off several times and just recognized it, I thought it was already solved, turn off THE UNIT and when I turned it on again the same error, I had to turn the unit on and off to recognize the EUREKA EPROM V3.2, and reach the conclusion that the eureka eprom was wasted call the seller to reimburse me the money but prior to that we tried the same CHIP in his unit and oh surprise I recognized it at first, we turned off his unit and turned it on again and he always recognized it, the CHIP was fine! And I could also notice that when you turned on your unit, only the lights on the screen turned on (unlike mine, all of them turn on even the patchs.

It is as if it delivered more voltage or amps to turn on, I do not know, I have explored the power source and apparently everything is fine, the regulator is delivering 5v when turning on, which is what the circuit needs to work, the error comes after That may be a Condenser or a power supply supervisor, OR Maybe a bootloader for the system. I do not know, also my unit is out of warranty and I have no choice but to fix it since I need to use it with the eureka prom for its stomp box mode since I am working with ableton live and the original firmware cc does not have those qualities

Thanks to everyone for your replies
Cheers