Topics

Selling an FCB1010 with both the Eureka and Uno Chips + Gig Bag

Joseph Flynn

Hi Everyone,

I have changed my guitar rig 2x now and I am no longer using the FCB1010.  I have the original OEM chip as well as the Eureka and Uno chips. so no matter what software you are using, you will be good to go with this set up.  I also have a Fender gig bag which perfectly fits the FCB.  The FCB itself is in perfect condition and was never gigged out.  I only used it in the studio.

I would like $150 for the whole set up.  I am located outside of Boston MA.  Message me if you are interested.

Anon Mousse

I'm interested, if it's still available.

westoncox@...

If still available, what firmware version is your original chip? Would you be interested in selling that separately?
I've currently got an UnO chip in my FCB, but I've got some software I'd like to try which only works with an original chip, but my original chip is firmware version 1.0 & I need version 2.3 or later.

Thanks!

EJ SHELDON

What SW ONLY works with the original chip? You know that the UNO chip can be configured to work like the original, right?

Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:51 PM
To: fcb1010@...
Subject: [fcb1010] Re: Selling an FCB1010 with both the Eureka and Uno Chips + Gig Bag

If still available, what firmware version is your original chip? Would you be interested in selling that separately?

I've currently got an UnO chip in my FCB, but I've got some software I'd like to try which only works with an original chip, but my original chip is firmware version 1.0 & I need version 2.3 or later.

Thanks!

westoncox@...

FCBFF is an app which explicitly states that it doesn't work with the Uno chip.
http://secretbasedesign.com/apps/

Hopefully there's a way around this.

Thanks.

EJ SHELDON

If you're planning to lock yourself into that particular iMobile ecosystem (Secret Base), then it makes sense to go all the way with an EDITOR that's designed to work within that system. However, keep in mind that FCBFF is JUST that, an EDITOR. If you know what MIDI commands are required by an application, ANY application, in ANY software/OS ecosystem, then the UNO chip and the UNO_ControlCenter Editor will not only work with that application, it will allow you to work with ANY application, in ANY software/OS ecosystem. If you're a MAC person (not just iMobile), then there's a world of applications available which can benefit from either the the UNO or Eureka chips, and downgrading to the stock FCB chip will hamper your efforts to use them to full advantage.

But, if you've decided to commit to the SecretBase/iMobile world, go for it and good luck!

Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:31 PM
To: fcb1010@...
Subject: [fcb1010] Re: Selling an FCB1010 with both the Eureka and Uno Chips + Gig Bag

FCBFF is an app which explicitly states that it doesn't work with the Uno chip.
http://secretbasedesign.com/apps/

Hopefully there's a way around this.

Thanks.

STEVEN BARTLETT

Did you find someone to trade with?  I would like the Uno, and I have a brand new,  not yet opened FCB1010, so I imagine it had the very latest chip. 

Steve,  Toronto Canada. 

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:59 PM, westoncox@... [fcb1010]
wrote:

Thanks!