Topics

Struggling Big Time Here

zevon0001

I got the Upgrade and am not getting the effect on/off option to work
for the V-amp. I would like to be able to use just the effect side
and have the following. I thought it would be possible but can't
make it work.

Switch 1 -- Drive on/off
Switch 2 -- Reverb on/off
Switch 3 -- Chorus on/off
Switch 4 -- Flanger on/off
Switch 5 -- Phaser on/off
Switch 6 through 10 -- Various Effects on/off

So I can't seem to get an individual switch to toggle an effect. Is
it possible????

Mike

BC <bcproject@...>

I don't think the FCB1010 can do what your trying to do.

You are working within a single preset on the V-AMP. Think about it: A
single preset can't have Flanger & Chorus & Phaser etc. So really what you
may want is a setup where pressing a certain button the FBC1010 changes the
preset to one that is configured how you are wanting.

Within that preset you *should* be able to turn the FX off/on that are
available in that preset.

I *should* because I can't the damn FCB1010 working with the V-amp at all. I
guess I'm a bit dumber than the average bear. I have been using guitar gear
and MIDI gear for 10 years but I find the FCB1010 manual just about useless.

And the 2.2 EPROM upgrade? Again - the manual adendum is of no help
whatsoever.

"Banks 5 though 9 are for use with theV-AMP" - what does this mean? For use
how?

bradleyfalch <bradleyfalch@...>

--- In fcb1010@y..., "zevon0001" <zevon0001@y...> wrote:
I got the Upgrade and am not getting the effect on/off option to
work
for the V-amp. I would like to be able to use just the effect side
and have the following. I thought it would be possible but can't
make it work.
Mike,

As was stated earlier, you can't program unique effects to turn
on/off, but you can turn the drive, reverb, and modulation effects on
and off (modulation as a whole, not each individual). The following
controls can be used: drive=26 (0 or 1), fx=21 (0 or 1), and
reverb=22 (0 or 127).

Of course, it also sounds like you can't even get the switching to
work. Did you get the instructions on how to use the upgrade? It
details how to do the switching functions. Basically, when you edit
the patch for switch #6, turn on the sending of CNT1 and CNT2, and
have them both send the same control number (say, 26 for drive).
Then, have CNT1 send 0 and CNT2 send 1. Once saved, this should send
values 0 and 1 alternatively on for control value 26 (drive). Once
you hit the original patch again, it's original configuration is
resumed. (That is, if you were playing patch bank 1, and it has
drive on by default, if you hit button 6 and then 1 again, your drive
is back on.)

Also, make sure that the MIDI channels assigned to CNT1 and CNT2 are
identical. I believe this is a GLOBAL setup option, and not patch
specific.

I've done this kind of thing with my newly upgraded FCB. I love it!
Now, if they would just make a sysex editor for it, I could die a
happy man!

-Brad