Topics

Tiny box "virtual switch"

James Wilkens

I noticed this feature in the Tiny Box video which allows you to trigger a foot switch with the expression pedal.
I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without the Tiny Box. I would like to be able to turn on a wah effect by pushing the expression pedal all the way down like on a real wah.
I am using MIDI CC to trigger effects in Ableton Live. I'm thinking maybe an Ableton Live cue could toggle the effect on and off when it sees a specific CC value of 127 while also controlling the wah "pedal" on the same CC#.
Any way to do this?

Jim W

ossandust

This TinyBox feature is also available in the UnO2 firmware. But maybe it's possible to do it in Ableton Live indeed, that I don't know.

David Grosz

This functionality is available in the UnO2 chip

I just received the new chip and the toe switch works as advertised. I use the FCB to control an Axe-Fx and the Wah block is controlled
several ways first you assign an expression pedal and then some type of switching to turn the block on/off.  Fractal has what they call
auto-engage but it is iffy to me and I think it loses the 0-127 range along with lack of predictability in when it engages or disengages , but
the FCB stock or other chips can not do this unless you have the UnO2 chip or the TinyBox.  Main difference is TinyBox has more memory
and it has wifi to be able to use a tablet as a video monitor

James Wilkens

Thanks all, for the info. I’ve got an original Uno chip. I’m not sure I want to spend the money for Uno2 just for that one feature. By any chance does Uno 2 allow stomp box mode on a per pedal basis rather than the entire row?

I’ll keep looking into doing it with Live.

From: <main@fcb1010.groups.io> on behalf of "David Grosz via groups.io" <davidgrosz2205@...>
Date: Monday, June 29, 2020 at 12:52 PM
To: <main@fcb1010.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [fcb1010] Tiny box "virtual switch"

This functionality is available in the UnO2 chip

I just received the new chip and the toe switch works as advertised. I use the FCB to control an Axe-Fx and the Wah block is controlled
several ways first you assign an expression pedal and then some type of switching to turn the block on/off.  Fractal has what they call
auto-engage but it is iffy to me and I think it loses the 0-127 range along with lack of predictability in when it engages or disengages , but
the FCB stock or other chips can not do this unless you have the UnO2 chip or the TinyBox.  Main difference is TinyBox has more memory
and it has wifi to be able to use a tablet as a video monitor

ossandust

Indeed, if the software allows to do it that's the way to go - maybe other Ableton users can chime in with suggestions.
UnO2 firmware does indeed allow stomp box mode on each individual footswitch or in each individual bank, as opposed to the 5 global stomps in UnO firmware.