Topics

Tinybox setup

Timothy Payne

I have a question about the setup file once it has been sent to the Tinybox. Is there a way to retrieve the setup info that is stored on the Tinybox? For instance my computer crashed and I lost everything except my files. Fortunately I had saved the setup to a text file but I had made modifications to the setup on the Tinybox but not to the text file. No big deal but it would be nice to be able to pull the setup from the Tinybox and save it. If there is a way I can't see it. The Tinybox is working better than I imagined. Thank you for all your help!

ossandust

It's not possible to retrieve a setup from the TinyBox, because the TinyBox only receives part of the setup info. All bank names, preset names etc. are not stored in the TinyBox, they are just used by the web server which is part of ControlCenter to display them on the remote status page. The preset contents are compiled before being sent to the TinyBox so also that info would be difficult to restore from the compiled binary data.

Timothy Payne

Ok I can understand that. I will just have to be more careful. Does this mean that when you use the Tinybox on a gig you have to have it connected to a computer or Raspberry PI to have the setlist even if you don't upload charts or sheet music?

Tim
https://theguitarrag.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 11:26 AM ossandust <ossan.dust@...> wrote:
It's not possible to retrieve a setup from the TinyBox, because the TinyBox only receives part of the setup info. All bank names, preset names etc. are not stored in the TinyBox, they are just used by the web server which is part of ControlCenter to display them on the remote status page. The preset contents are compiled before being sent to the TinyBox so also that info would be difficult to restore from the compiled binary data.

ossandust

No, the setlist content is stored in the TinyBox so you can use it without computer. You only need the computer (or Raspberry Pi) if you want to see sheet music or if you want to see the status page (which shows the current song title)

Timothy Payne

OK thanks for clearing this up.