Topics

Unprogrammed Control Change

Len Brown

Good morning FCB Group,

Below is a MIDIOX screen shot of the Midi input from the FCB.  I have only a note number turned on in the FCB verified using the editor.  Button 1 is set to send Midi Note 1 and is mapped to launch a clip in Ableton Live.  Hit the button and it launches the clip.  Hit the button again and I get the note and a control change....I do not have any control changes turned on.  It seems a control change is being sent every other button press giving me different behavior in Ableton depending on whether the control change is being sent or not.  Any ideas on how I can stop the control change message every other button press?

Thanks,

Len

ossandust

It's the Behringer tap-tempo functionality, described in chapter 2.6 of their manual. If you have UnO firmware you can disable it in the global settings. With Behringer firmware you can't disable it, but you can set the CC midi channel to an unused channel so that Ableton ignores it (unless you need ControlChange messages for something else)

Len Brown

That was it... Thank you!
Len