Topics

Volume pedal starts at -db

steve alldridge

Hi guys I have owned the 1010 for one day and am ok with programming patch changes into my line 6 HX STOMP.
Having calibrated my expression pedals I have assigned the volume pedal to the the output volume of a HX stomp patch.
The issue I have is when I select the patch I need  to move the volume pedal to get any volume. It starts at - volume and the volume pedal needs moving to get any sound no matter where the volume rocker is set.
Does anyone know her way around this?
Also can anyone recommend a good editor for either PC or mac which would make this a lot easier.

EJ SHELDON

Global Settings>Exp Pedals - set the Exp Pedal to Per Preset. In your HXS Preset, set the level you want the Exp pedal at when the Preset loads and SAVE the Preset. Keep in mind that the FCB Exp Pedal will NOT be at that level - one way communication. You'll have to move the pedal to where the HXS is set before the level will change, but at least you'll have the correct level when the preset loads..

EJ SHELDON

Best FCB Editor is UNO_ControlCenter. Works with the stock chip and UNO.

https://www.fcb1010.uno/

<>$22 and worth every penny!

David Grosz

Editor is based on what chip is in it, l recomend getting the UnO2 chip and options for the pedals is to me worth the 50.00 and it comes with an online editor.  So with that said I use Fractal and it knows volume is full when using a patch with volume.  Midi is not a mystery but maybe something Line6 based.  If you have stock chip FCB do a search for FCB1010 editor and the free one is Mountain something.  Also stock chip the pedals must be setup for every switch to work,but b.c with UnO2 chip they can default on powerup to be say a volume and a wah

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 10:13 AM, steve alldridge
<Exchubbguy@...> wrote:
Hi guys I have owned the 1010 for one day and am ok with programming patch changes into my line 6 HX STOMP.
Having calibrated my expression pedals I have assigned the volume pedal to the the output volume of a HX stomp patch.
The issue I have is when I select the patch I need  to move the volume pedal to get any volume. It starts at - volume and the volume pedal needs moving to get any sound no matter where the volume rocker is set.
Does anyone know her way around this?
Also can anyone recommend a good editor for either PC or mac which would make this a lot easier.

EJ SHELDON

The type of programming involved with using the UNO2 Chip Editor vs the Stock or UNO chip using the UNO-ControlCenter GUI is night and day. The UNO2 Chip is fully programmable, but you're using actual programming language vs the easy GUI method of UNO_ControlCenter. My advice is to get UNO_ControlCenter and if you can't do what you want with the stock chip OR UNO Mode (you don't need the chip to check out the capabilities), then consider getting the UNO2 Chip.

steve alldridge

Thanks. EJ Sheldon You put me on the right track. The global setting in HXStomp was already set to per preset all I had to do  was set the main output volume I required per patch and save it at that. So now when recalling a patch the volume is as I would want it  and by operating the volume pedal it will vary in response to position. A big thank you.