Re: Help neede programming Uno2 chip with FCB1010

David Grosz

Here is a few issues I see and coppy paste into your editor from PRESETS down

!.   you do not assign a midi channel to the FCB

2.  for effects it looks as though you have 16 loops and I am not familiar with your switcher but all of your effects
are plugged into the loop pedal so you do not program your effects by name in the FCB but rather you will need
call up the loop for the specific pedal and this is where your having an issue.

Your presets do not go anywhere as in you need an amp switcher then you need to assign

the amp switcher to a midi message

Copy paste the below into your editor and it should control your switcher based on the values you gave

PRESETS =

{

Recto Clean

Recto Dirt

}

EFFECTS =

{

Whammy

TS9

Chorus

Phase 45

Phase 90 Script

Phase 90 Logo

Phase 100

Carbon Copy

}

SWEEPS =

{

}

BANKS =

{

bank 1 : | TS9 | Chorus | Phase 45 | Phase 90 Script | Phase 90 Logo | Phase 100 | Carbon Copy | |

bank 2 : Recto Clean | Recto Dirt | | | | | | | |

}

CHANNEL TWEX = 2

CHANNEL Whammy = 3 // this only matters if you are using the FCB to change presets on it

CHANNEL GMajor = 4

EFFECT_ON Phase 45 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 2 127

EFFECT_OFF Phase 45 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 2 0

EFFECT_ON Phase 90 Script = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 3 127

EFFECT_OFF Phase 90 Script = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 3 0

EFFECT_ON Phase 90 Logo = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 4 127

EFFECT_OFF Phase 90 Logo = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 4 0

EFFECT_ON Phase 100 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 5 127

EFFECT_OFF Phase 100 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 5 0

EFFECT_ON Chorus = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 6 127

EFFECT_OFF Chorus = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 6 0

EFFECT_ON Carbon Copy = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 7 127

EFFECT_OFF Carbon Copy = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 7 0

On Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:05:19 AM PDT, Abosaur <simon.lucciani@...> wrote:

Hi everyone!
I'm a total n00b in the MIDI guitar oriented world and I recently bought a MIDI Looper/Switcher for my stompboxes.
My rig is currently:
-Stompboxes: Whammy 4, TS9, Phase 45, Phase 90 Script, Phase 90 Block, Phase 100, Boss CE5, Carbon Copy
-TC Electronic G-Major 1
-Mesa Rectifier Recording Preamp
-DESS Audio TW-EX (MIDI Looper/Switcher)
-FCB1010 with Uno2 chip
I bought the Uno 2 chip to be able to use my FCB1010 like a remote for my FX and to be able to do several actions in one step, the DESS Audio TW-EX is helping me wih that.

What I want to be able to do is (I think) not that hard to achieve:
-activate/deactivate Whammy loop on TW-EX with footswitch #1 and controlling pitchbend with Exp. Pedal #1 (currently kinda working)
-when pressing the footswitch #2, act./deact. TS9 loop on TW-EX (not working), changing channel on Rectifier Preamp (not working) and changing preset on G-Major (not tested yet)
-and assign every other FX on other FCB footswitches (not working)

I've assigned every machine a MIDI channel (TW-EX= 2, Whammy= 3, G-Major= 4), but don't know wich one is dedicated to the FCB1010 (assuming it's channel 1).

I'm having hard times getting every aspects of the Uno2 chip programmation right and really don't know what I am missing when programming. I've read the user manual a lot of times but lot of stuff are still obscure to me.
I've got hard times understanding the Banks role, the presets and the globalswitch section, the manual is pretty unclear to me.

The only thing currently working is the Whammy remote control.
Nothing happens when I try to activate or deactivate a loop on the TW-EX or changing amp channel with the built-in relay, as if not receiving properly MIDI info.
This is where I am in my programmation.
Any help would be really appreciated, thank you very much in advance!
Simon

PRESETS =
{
   Recto Clean
   Recto Dirt
}

EFFECTS =
{
   Whammy
   TS9
   Chorus
   Phase 45
   Phase 90 Script
   Phase 90 Logo
   Phase 100
   Carbon Copy
}

SWEEPS =
{
   Whammy Sweep
   GMajor Volume
}

BANKS =
{
   Effects bank : Whammy      | TS9        | Chorus | Phase 45 | Phase 90 Script | Phase 90 Logo | Phase 100 | Carbon Copy |  |
   Amp bank     : Recto Clean | Recto Dirt |        |          |                 |               |           |             |  |
}

CHANNEL FCB1010 = 1
CHANNEL TWEX = 2
CHANNEL Whammy = 3
CHANNEL GMajor = 4

INIT_FCB =
{
   Pedal 1 = Whammy Sweep
   Pedal 2 = GMajor Volume
}

EFFECT_ON Whammy =
{
   SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 0 127
   SendMidi Whammy ProgChange 2
}
EFFECT_OFF Whammy =
{
   SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 0 0
   SendMidi Whammy ProgChange 19
}
EFFECT_ON TS9 =
{
   SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 1 127
   SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 10 127
}
EFFECT_OFF TS9 =
{
   SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 1 0
   SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 10 0
}
EFFECT_ON Phase 45 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 2 127
EFFECT_OFF Phase 45 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 2 0
EFFECT_ON Phase 90 Script = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 3 127
EFFECT_OFF Phase 90 Script = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 3 0
EFFECT_ON Phase 90 Logo = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 4 127
EFFECT_OFF Phase 90 Logo = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 4 0
EFFECT_ON Phase 100 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 5 127
EFFECT_OFF Phase 100 = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 5 0
EFFECT_ON Chorus = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 6 127
EFFECT_OFF Chorus = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 6 0
EFFECT_ON Carbon Copy = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 7 127
EFFECT_OFF Carbon Copy = SendMidi TWEX CtrlChange 7 0

SWEEP Whammy Sweep = SendMidi Whammy CtrlChange 11 0-127 FastRising

PRESET Recto Clean =
{
   Footswitch 1 = Whammy
   Footswitch 2 = TS9