Expression pedals programming

Mike Watkinson

Might just be me (it usually is) but the manual seems strangely light on how to programme the two expression pedals. Or maybe there's really not much to it. Anyways, I have added a few lines of code in line with what is in the manual, but no MIDI is being sent from the pedals so I must be missing something pretty obvious to the initiated! The switches all work fine by the way. Here's what I have for the pedals:

SWEEPS =
{
   lower bank volume
   upper bank volume
}

CHANNEL MainStage = 1

INIT_FCB =
{
   Pedal 1 = lower bank volume
   Pedal 2 = upper bank volume
}

SWEEP lower bank volume  = SendMidi MainStage CtrlChange 7 0-127
SWEEP upper bank volume  = SendMidi MainStage CtrlChange 11 0-127

Anything missing or that I need to do to get the pedals sending MIDI?

Thanks in advance

EJ SHELDON

I put those into a template file I use for testing things, worked fine.
Are you using MIDI Monitor to check first if the pedals are sending, or going straight to Mainstage?

Jack Fenton

I didn't have any problem with the expression pedals and your code looks good to me.

Mike Watkinson

Straight to MainStage - which has a simple MIDI monitor of its own which shows no activity from the pedals (but switches doing their thing fine). Happy to give MIDI monitor a go in case it can shed any further light (although I’m not sure what it could be as the requirement is pretty straightforward!)

On 26 Feb 2021, at 00:38, EJ SHELDON <bluesrock13@...> wrote:

I put those into a template file I use for testing things, worked fine.
Are you using MIDI Monitor to check first if the pedals are sending, or going straight to Mainstage?

EJ SHELDON

Since two of us have tried your code and it works for us, the next step is elimination. Eliminate a problem with Mainstage by using the MidiMonitor provided by ossandust. If it doesn't work there, you might have a problem with your interface or with the FCB itself.

Mike Watkinson

Thanks both - really appreciate the advice. I have checked with MIDI Monitor - no dice. So therefore the FCB - recalled seeing something somewhere about initialising so followed the steps here:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/the-expression-pedals-on-my-behringer-fcb1010-midi-foot-controller-dont-work-properly-in-programming-mode/
Which has worked a treat - all good now. I bet this is in the manual (Uno2 and/or FCB1010 manuals) or on the website somewhere - classic RTFM issue ;)

chrisw_63

ROFL.. Funny how, as we get more and more digital, we always check the low-tech solution last!  :-)

ossandust

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 11:59 AM, Mike Watkinson wrote:
I bet this is in the manual - classic RTFM issue ;)
There's a small paper notice added to each UnO2 shipment. It mentions :
"Make sure the FCB1010 expression pedals are correctly calibrated. Failing to do so is the most common cause for non-working expression pedals"
(this text is also on the first pages of the manual - last point of the getting started chapter)
Anyway - let the fun begin!