Error contacting the license server : Error: certificate has expired #UnO2

Phil George

Hi all first post here. Hopefully first of many as I really want to learn and share my setup scripts. (Guitar and Ableton Live mostly).

Anyway, I've just received my UnO2 EPROM, plugged it all in, connected with Uno2 Control Center and when I try to register the firmware I get the error message:
"Error contacting the license server : Error: certificate has expired"

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Phil

Chris Richmond <tomnykds@...>

No idea, but sounds related to the LetsEncrypt CA (certificate authority) chain expiring.  It’s been in

the various news sources of late.

Chris

Hi all first post here. Hopefully first of many as I really want to learn and share my setup scripts. (Guitar and Ableton Live mostly).

Anyway, I've just received my UnO2 EPROM, plugged it all in, connected with Uno2 Control Center and when I try to register the firmware I get the error message:
"Error contacting the license server : Error: certificate has expired"

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Phil

Phil George

That makes sense, my wife's entire school district's web software for managing just about everything had an expired certificate this morning.
Phil

On Thu, 30 Sept 2021 at 23:03, Chris Richmond <tomnykds@...> wrote:

No idea, but sounds related to the LetsEncrypt CA (certificate authority) chain expiring.  It’s been in

the various news sources of late.

Chris

Hi all first post here. Hopefully first of many as I really want to learn and share my setup scripts. (Guitar and Ableton Live mostly).

Anyway, I've just received my UnO2 EPROM, plugged it all in, connected with Uno2 Control Center and when I try to register the firmware I get the error message:
"Error contacting the license server : Error: certificate has expired"

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Phil

Phil George

I've had confirmation from @ossandust that this is the same certificate problem and will be fixed in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Phil
pJul

ossandust

There is a bug in the Electron framework used for UnO2ControlCenter, causing issues with the expired root certificate. In the mean time the Electron team has done a bugfix release on the most recent versions of their framework. In the next couple of days I will be updating our application to use a recent version of the framework which contains the bugfix. I hope this won't take too much time.

Phil George

Cool.  Let me know if I can help. I can beta test whenever you like.
Phil

ossandust

UnO2ControlCenter v.1.2.1 has been released - this should solve the problem with the expired root certificate.

Phil George

Problem solved for me :)  Thanks ossanddust