MONO ON / POLY ON keyboard midi help needed

rcharlier3

New #UnO2 user.  My first week with the device.
Midi+synth+keyboard person, not a guitarist.

A few questions:
I had hoped to make a pedal to turn MONO ON (and poly off).  If it is lit up, MONO is on, and if it is not lit up, MONO is off (and so POLY is ON).

Gave up on that for the moment and instead thought "I'll make a pedal that will just turn MONO ON and another pedal that will turn POLY ON.  Having some trouble with that.  Its been a long day so I'm missing something basic.

With TWO presses of this pedal I can get MONO ON.  Further presses of the pedal do nothing.  (and that's fine for now).

Note:
126 = CC for MONO
127 = CC for POLY

PRESET pMono =
{
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 126 0
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 127 0
}
PRESET_RELEASE pMono =
{
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 126 127
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 127 127
}

With TWO presses of this pedal I can get POLY ON.  Further presses of the pedal do nothing.  (and that's fine for now).
PRESET pPoly =
{
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 127 127
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 126 127
}
PRESET_RELEASE pPoly =
{
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 127 0
   SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 126 0
}

Why does this take two presses?

Any suggestions on the correct code to make one pedal "MONO ON when pressed and the light is lit, POLY ON if pressed again and the light is off"?

EJ SHELDON

Edited

You didn't say what synth you're using, so I'm guessing here:

EFFECT_ON MonoPoly =
{
SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 126 127
SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 127 0

EFFECT_OFF MonoPoly =
{
SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 126 0
SendMidi chOne CtrlChange 127 127
}

First press turns MONO ON/POLY OFF
Second press turns MONO OFF/POLY ON

Let me know if it works.

rcharlier3

Thank you for the quick and accurate reply on this.  I'm testing this on a Korg NS5R right now, but because of the MIDI standard this should work on almost anything.
I must have had the CC's flipped around because with this modification the pedal works exactly the way I want it to.  Easier, one single pedal.

When I press the pedal, the light goes ON, and I know that MONO is enabled.  When the light is off, POLY is on.

EFFECT_ON MonoPoly =
{