scrolling through banks in UnO2 (& TinyBox)

ossandust

It's best to stay on topic in each of the created threads. Previous thread ("Reset Pedalboard state when changing to a bank?") had already shifted to a different question, and then some different questions about bank scrolling and about TinyBox were also added as a reaction on my answer. I'm copying these to a new thread now:

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 02:11 PM, ossandust wrote:

It is already on my TODO list for the next UnO2 release to provide "roll-over" from last bank to first bank when you click the Up switch

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 09:43 PM, Alf Schroth wrote:

Is it possible to also add “roll over” from first bank to last bank when you click the down switch (like a Rolodex) in your next UnO2 release

Sure, when I add this it will be in both directions

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 02:39 PM, Timothy Payne wrote:

Will the rollover also work for the up and down the setlist using the Tinybox?

Current plan was to do this only when using banks directly (in UnO2 and TinyBox). I imagine when you play a setlist during a gig you don't want to start over at the end of the show...
Although now I realize a setlist can be used differently, as a large songbook from which you randomly choose songs during a gig. In that case such "roll-over" would probably be interesting too. Thing is, it would be more complicated to implement, since the setlist scrolling is combined with an embedded scrolling through lyrics pages within the song, with 2-way communication between TinyBox (which handles the song scrolling) and TinyBox server (which handles the page scrolling). The FCB1010 menu LEDs indicate the page index within a song, and a specific indication (all FCB1010 menu LEDs on) indicate that you reached the last page of the last song, or the first page of the first song. I will investigate what it would take to modify this behavior.