Tuner receive

Jani Kallio

Hello, is it possible to receive a tuner data from TC electronic g-major? Uno2? Or can Uno for Kemper do that?

chrisw_63

The G-Major can only be controlled by MIDI.  You can, for instance, set the tuning modes.  The manual says it can send PC and CC messages, but nowhere in there does it say what those are.  Even if it could, the stock FCB1010 and UnO 1.x cannot do anything with received MIDI except for the specific SYSEX messages used for programming it.  I don't believe UnO2 can do much with received MIDI either.

ossandust

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 12:35 AM, chrisw_63 wrote:
I don't believe UnO2 can do much with received MIDI either
Correct. A future UnO2 version will allow to remotely control the FCB1010 through MIDI IN, but there's no device specific functionality like showing tuner info.
The UnO4Kemper is dedicated firmware for the Kemper Profiler, so that firmware does show the tuner info of the Profiler on the FCB1010 display.